Infused Bucatini with Garlic Recipe
Bucatini is thick, spaghetti-like pasta that’s extremely satisfying. If it’s not your cup of tea, feel free to use any other shape of noodle; come summer time, an angel hair would be delightful. As always, the ingredients can be changed to suit your taste. Adding shrimp, tofu or chicken could be a nice way to go, but honestly, its simplicity is one of its best qualities!
This is a recipe for one. Take a little time and make yourself this yummy dinner—you deserve it.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon canna-olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 1 cup fresh spinach, packed
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces bucatini pasta
- Parmesan, optional
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat, heat the oils. Add the garlic and cherry tomatoes and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and sauté until wilted, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the crushed pepper, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. When tender, drain and place in a bowl.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. A tasty alternative for Parmesan can be a couple tablespoons of goat cheese and some fresh or frozen peas.
For more of Laurie and Maryjane, visit: laurieandmaryjane.com