- Website: laurieandmaryjane.com
Cannabis Lemon Tart by Laurie + MaryJane
This is one tart tart! If you’re not looking to be in a semi-permanent pucker, use only ½ cup fresh lemon juice. And it’s very rich — cut the tart into thin slices. There’s nothing wrong with a dollop of whipped cream on each slice. Add a teaspoon or two of freshly-grated lemon zest and fold it into your whipped cream for an extra lemon punch.
-2 c. flour
-½ c. granulated sugar
-1 pinch salt
-¾ c. cold butter, in chunks
-1-2 tbsp. ice water
-4 large eggs, room temp
-2/3 c. fresh lemon juice
-1 ½ c. sugar
-½ c. flour
-2 tsp. lemon zest
-3 tbsp. butter, melted
-3 tbsp. canna-butter, melted
-1 pinch sugar
- Heat oven to 340° F. Spray a nine-inch tart pan with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add the cold butter and work the pastry with your hands until the dough resembles coarse oatmeal. Add a little ice water and form the dough into a ball. Press the ball down between two pieces of parchment and chill for 30 minutes. Remove the dough, roll it out and press it into the bottom of the tart pan as evenly as possible. Bake until light golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, lemon juice, sugar, flour, lemon zest and melted butters. Pour into the hot crust. Bake until the filling is set and golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. The center should no longer jiggle when gently shaken.
- When the pie has cooked thoroughly, dust with sugar.