Infused Green-Velvet Cake Recipe
As more and more states say yes to cannabis, April 20th is the day to celebrate this miracle plant! Cannabis love is spreading like a weed, and Laurie and MaryJane hope you’ll enjoy wisely, recreate responsibly and, as we like to say, “Don’t fear the edible.” Happy 4/20!
Ingredients (Serves 12-14):
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups canola oil
- ¼ cup infused coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package green food coloring
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup canna-butter, softened
- 5-6 cups powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In a mixing bowl combine the sugar, oils and eggs. Stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
- In another bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter, alternating with the buttermilk until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter into five bowls. To create the five green layers, you’ll need to add increasing numbers of drops of food color to the batter in each bowl. Decide on the color of the first layer and add more drops in each bowl.
- Pour the batter into five oiled eight-inch baking pans. Bake until the cake is set and has begun to pull away from the sides of the pans, about 11-13 minutes. Allow to cool at least 20 minutes before removing from the pans. Cool thoroughly before frosting.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Place the cake on your work surface. Layer by layer, spread the frosting on the top of the cake, but not the sides—they will remain frosting-free. When all layers have been used, frost the top of the cake and get the candles ready.