Pop Rocks Berries Recipe by Laurie + MaryJane
Bring some wizardry to your cannabis life. I have taken wonderfully ripe, big, juicy, strawberries, dipped them in infused chocolate and rolled them in Pop Rocks. Pop Rocks are kind of fun to make — e-mail me for the recipe — however, I suggest you buy them. On a few occasions, my homemade pop rocks didn’t pop, and everyone was sad. Zeta Espacial has their recipe on point. They come in lots of colors and flavors, none of them natural!
According to my sources, Strawberry-Cherry is the original flavor, and it’s quite tasty, though my personal favorite is the Strawberry. Does it taste like a fresh strawberry? Not at all. We have the actual fruit for that. It tastes like a chemical strawberry substitute that explodes in your mouth. Delish!
Yields 12 berries
- 12 large strawberries with stems
- 1 C. chocolate melts or chips
- 2 tbsp. infused oil or butter
- Pop Rocks of your choosing
- Rinse the berries and pat dry. Place on your work surface.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat the chocolate with the infused oil or butter. Stir until just melted. Be sure not to let any water get in the chocolate, bad things will happen. If you want to use a microwave, heat the chocolate with the oil or butter in thirty second intervals on 50 percent power. Be sure to check your chocolate concoction between intervals as to prevent microwave-burn.
- Place Pop Rocks on a cookie sheet. You can use just one color/flavor or a bunch; it’s up to you.
- Dip the berries into the melted chocolate and then dip or sprinkle with the Pop Rocks. Place on parchment to set.