Laurie & Mary Jane
Toasted Almond and Cream Cheese Stuffed Figs Recipe
In my chocolate covered world a dried fig is a thing of beauty! In this recipe from Laurie & Mary Jane, stuffed figs are plump full with almonds and cream cheese. Drizzled with gently infused canna-chocolate, they are a perfect mix of smooth and silky on the outside with a crunch of nuts on the inside. A delicious way to say I love you on Valentine’s Day, or any day. Totally yummy!
8-10 dried figs, the larger the better
½ cup cream cheese, softened
¼ cup toasted almond slivers* (cooled)
1 teaspoon honey
½ cup chocolate, the darker the better
1-2 teaspoons canna-butter or canna-coconut oil
1. Make a slit about an inch long in each fig. Don’t puncture through to the other side.
2. In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, almonds and honey. Mix well.
3. Stuff each fig with the cream cheese mixture. Press the fig closed as best you can.
4. In a double boiler, melt chocolate with canna-butter/canna-oil and whisk constantly until smooth, remove from heat.
5. Dip or drizzle each fig with the melted infused chocolate. Place on parchment paper to set.
*toast the almonds on a baking sheet in a 350°F degree oven until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Keep an eye on them; slivered almonds toast quickly.
For a delicious alternative, I have substituted the cream cheese with goat cheese on occasion, and used walnuts instead of almonds. It’s your call!