My lovely business partner (and daughter-in-law) adores this particular snack combination. Trail mix is the perfect (and undetectable!) travel treat, and perfumed with exotic spices, there’s neither a taste or aroma of our favorite herb. Do your own thing here—you can change spices, cereal or anything else. Just keep it sweet, salty and full of love!
Yields about 10 servings
2-4 tablespoons infused coconut oil
2 tablespoons honey, agave or maple syrup
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon cardamom
¼ teaspoon cayenne
2 cups Oh’s or Cheerios cereal
1 ¼ cup pecans
1 cup almonds
1 cup pretzels, any shape you like
1 cup flaked coconut
½ cup dried sour cherries
½ cup chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 325°F. Place parchment on a baking sheet with sides.
- In a large bowl combine the oil, sweetener, cumin, salt, turmeric, ginger, cardamom and cayenne. Mix well.
- Add the cereal, pecans, almonds, pretzels and coconut. Mix well to evenly distribute the oil mixture.
- Place the trail mix on the baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring several times.
- Allow the mixture to cool at least 30 minutes. Add the cherries and chocolate and hit the road!